[Re: [Re: P2K articulated???]]

Brad Bourbina <bbbourbina@...>

That's well OUT of what I consider the "affordable" range...

Brad Bourbina

BillD53A@aol.com wrote:
The model is listed in the Walthers catalog, 1 undecorated, 2 ATSF #s nd 2NW
#s... price is $375, and no delivery date given.

MIME Type:�text/html
MIME Type:�text/plain

Leo Pesce <leo@...>

Affordable is a relative word. A Roco engine can cost up to $250-300. If the
P2K engine is of that level, and if one looks at what P2K has done with the
diesels, the price is at the right level. This is an articulated engine.

Compare this to brass, and you will see that the articulated are much more
expensive than non articulated engines.

I would not compare this to Rivarossi, as much as they improved the running
and mechanism, they are still the old dies, and they are overpriced.

If affordable means $150 or less, then look no further than IHM or Bachmann
(and now Athearn)

Cheers
Leo

From: BillD53A@aol.com