0-8-0 model

Robert kirkham

While I'm taking up band width on how to salvage drivers from other models, I might as well ask what parts others are using for driver axle bearings and suspension? Much of my model frame is going to be scratch built and I want to design it around those parts. So far I have some 1/8" diameter axle bearings that are about 4.5 mm square and have a fine groove down the edges - designed for use in the UK etched frame market. I think I can make them work with my more bulky frame, but it seems to me there must be better choices that follow what was done with brass locos for the North American market (not trying to start a war over the best approach here). Trouble is I can't find much info on the net, nor products for that sort of thing. Ideas? Sources?

Rob Kirkham