Re: End of the Road for Yahoo Groups

Ed

Hi Ken --

I am sad to say that this means I will no longer be able to access this collective wisdom after Dec 15. It's a choice I make because of my firm opposition to Facebook and Google and all their spawn. I treasure my privacy -- shoveling against the tide -- in this era of Orwellian data harvesting, hacking vulnerability and cyber crime.

They say we can still "group" via Facebook groups or GMail groups but I don't do anything Google nor the evil Facebook. I browse via Firefox not Chrome or even Edge and I search via Duck Duck Go not Google. With my Firefox privacy settings set to stun and armed with Privacy Badger anti-tracking widget, I know I sound like a senile grandpa yelling at the kids to get off my lawn but if so, so be it.

I really do appreciate the tips, wisdom, ideas and good cheer that these groups have provided but now on a fixed income, I'm trying to cut subscriptions not add them these days.

With apologies for the rant and thanks for all your help, I will raise a glass of champagne to y'all on December 15!

God Bless,
Ed aka "Grandpa"

On Monday, October 12, 2020, 05:22:37 PM EDT, SP4149 <ken@...> wrote:

Beginning December 15, 2020 the Yahoo Groups website will shut down and members will no longer be able to send or receive emails from Yahoo Groups. We've compiled a comprehensive FAQ here that includes alternative providers and information on how this will impact your group content.

Thank you for helping us build one of the earliest digital communities — we're proud and honored to have forged countless connections over the last 20 years and played a small part in helping build your communities.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo Groups team

ken clark

www.shastasprings.com