Update on Resistance Soldering Equipment

SP4149

All,

  Since my last sale notice I  had several inquiries and some purchases, thank you.

I also found out some important information about some of the commonly available systems I had listed.

First the nicely made Triton PTH Hot Lips tweezers with Carbon Electrodes require a transformer with 6-6.5 volts AC output.

If they are equipped with the optional R12188 - Soldering Tip, they work best with 3-3.2 volts AC output.

Below is a table of output voltages for the most common PBL/Hotip/Contact Inc. transformers:

Resistance Soldering Unit Wattage Voltage
HOTIP    Low         High
H-101 CD 100? 0.2 0.9 1.1 1.3 1.6

H-101 A 200 1.6 1.9 2.3 3.0 3.8

New Style H-101 A 200 1.6 1.9 2.4 3.0 4.0

H-202 300 2.4 2.6 3.0 3.4 4.0

New Style  H-303 CD ? 0.2 0.6 1.1 1.5 1.8

New Style - H-505 400 0.8 1.7 2.6 3.5 4.4

None of these are usable with the Triton Hot Lips tweezers with the carbon electrodes.  I will be updating the excel spreadsheet
I shared two weeks ago with this new information.  Note the installation of the Triton  R12188 - Soldering Tip makes these tweezers
usable several of the larger Hotip units.

Only the American Beauty 500 watt RS unit (max AC output 6 volts) and the AB 1000 watt RS unit (max AC output 6.9  volts)  will
work with the Triton Hot Lips Carbon electrode tweezers without modification.

I have some footswitch versions (no on/off switch in tweezers) without electrodes for sale at $25 plus shipping.
If you have some basic milling skills, you can make your own electrode holders out of brass to fit in the tweezers,
Just like the Triton  R12188 - Soldering Tip below bottom right

ken clark

www.shastasprings.com

HO and Sn42