From: Wayne Long <acl-wayne@...>
To: HO-Steam <HO-Steam@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 15, 2018 2:26 pm
Subject: Re: [HO-Steam] The end of the line for Grandt Line

On 3/15/2018 12:21 AM, SP4149 wrote:
Grandt Line is calling it quits.
Please pardon my ignorance, but I can't recall ever dealing with Grandt Line.

From what you have indicated just below, their operation was similar in products to NWSL.  In what did they specialize?

Wayne Long

Over the years I have used their  universals, gears, and even a motor or two in a variety of projects
and built many kits using their detail parts.  I once worked in a hobby shop and once a month we did a Grandt Line
inventory with a distributor who carried their full line in the trunk of his large sedan.  Almost every scale I owned
had some Grandt parts that were usable.

I have an On3 RGS 3 truck brass Goose with a Grandt replacement drive.  It runs great but one driver wheel is slightly off-center
so it 'wobbles' down the track.  I was running it on a friend's large O/On3 layout when the Grandt's happened to
visit, and they told me to wirte them and they would send me a replacement geared driver.  About the same time I visited
the Colorado Railroad Museum during an 'Operations' day.  That year they didn't have any steam engines operational, so they
were running a Goose on their trackage. WE may not have run more than a quarter mile on their tracks, but by the end I was shaken,
not stirred.  I never replaced that driver, even though it didn't shake the model as much as the real thing.

HO and Sn42