Re: C&O steam engine cab

ron christensen

The original cab is plastic. I suspect finding a typical C&O cab is next to impossible. So leave it as is or scratch build/ kit bash a cab.
 The wipers may be  available from the new Tomar. In any case I would have to make them to fit the locomotive. I have put a Mantua gear box drive I found at a swap meet. Also put in a can motor and DCC with sound.  Tender wheels were replace with nickel silver. The problem is the drivers for some reason they stop picking up some times. As you know the old Mantua did not pick up on front or rear engine trucks. That misses a lot of wheels that could help.
The challenge
Ron Christensen