Re: C&O steam engine cab

Wayne Long

On 3/5/2018 12:57 PM, ron christensen via Groups.Io wrote:
I would like to put a C&O type cab on a Mantua 2-8-2, any suggestions?
I believe that the Mantua mike kit had a cast zamac boiler and a plastic cab held on by a tab at the top, back of the boiler casting. You could adapt the plastic cab or replace it using it as a template to build your own C&O cab.
I'm also interested in putting a track wiper on a Mantua Pacific any suggestion on where to get small pieces of phosphor bronze.
Tomar Industries (if they are still in business in Michigan) used to sell kits for what you want to do.

Wayne Long