Re: [HOsteam] Starting Over!

Ken Clark

Bob,
  A lot of people start over in the hobby, by changing gauge and/or scale, and never leave the hobby.  Since you left there has been renewed interest in On30, O narrow gauge on HO track.
Some very nice models have been produced as On3/On30  models with interchangeable wheelsets.  The biggest change is the overwhelming sift from kits to factory completed, ready to run
models.  Model Die Casting (Roundhouse) is part of Athearn now.  Check the Athearn website (http://www.athearn.com/) for Roundhouse items.

Welcome

Kenneth R. Clark

-----Original Message-----
To: HOsteam
Sent: Thu, Mar 26, 2015 11:21 pm
Subject: [HOsteam] Starting Over!

When I moved to Seattle, 15 years ago I sold all my HO train stuff on eBay.

I am 80 now and have walking problems so I decided to try working on trains again.

What I did previouly was to build Roundhouse Old Timers in the image of Narrow Gauge. These are the 36ft trussrod cars and old time steam locomotives.

I wss surprised to find out that Roundhous was long gone but eBay has been my friend. There seems to be a good good supply ot Roundhouse items on eBay. But you need to be ready to repair some of them.

I grew up with the Southern Pacific in the San Francisco area. The Western Pacific was the other railroad. These were in the days of STEAM!

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa..

Join HO-Steam@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.