Re: [HOsteam] Was the First Train you bought HO?

Kenneth Rickman

The first train items I bought with my own money were cars and track for my Lionel O27 set.  I would collect cans along the road and turn them in to earn money to buy an Amtrak ticket from Picayune, MS to Laurel, MS, where we would walk to a hobby shop in town, shop and drool, and eventually catch the train back home.  Some years later I purchased my first HO train set, an IHC set with an SD40 and a few cars, while visiting my grandmother in Joplin, MO.  After that, I would take the train to Laurel to buy HO scale stuff, though I have to say it never had the same magic the O27 stuff did.  Over the years, I discovered different scales and especially narrow gauge, but I'm still primarily modeling standard gauge HO.

Ken Rickman

On 12/27/2013 2:54 PM, Kenneth Clark wrote:
But when you brought your hard saved money to the hobby shop to BUY your first train, was it HO?
--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

One thing about trains: It doesn't matter where they're going.  What matters is deciding to get on.