Re: [HOsteam] Removing Pins from drivers on Tyco wheels

prgm_mgr

Thanks for the suggestions.  Last night I jambed  the end of an xacto knife blade between the nut and the plastic of the driver.  I held it in place by pressing the end of the handle on the work surface - this created enough pressure to keep the nut from turning. I like the idea of using some epoxy or other glue upon reassembly

Thanks again!

Mark 

-- In HOsteam@..., <hosteam@...> wrote:

I do not have any Tyco steam in my fleet, but what I have usually seen is that the nut is on the inside of the driver. Jabbing with an x-acto or small screwdriver from the back side will be just fine. For putting it back together, I would suggest a 2 part epoxy, keeping the bolt in the nut to have a good reference to keep things straight. When the epoxy sets, unscrew the bolt and put it in from the outside, through the side rods.

Hope This Helps,

Matthew

To: <HOsteam@...>;
Subject: Re: [HOsteam] Removing Pins from drivers on Tyco wheels
Sent: Wed, Sep 11, 2013 9:14:45 PM

Perhaps you need to 'glue' the outer edge of the nut to the wheel?

How about tooth-pick applied...... 'breakable' Lock-Tite, ordinary super-glue, or 5-minute epoxy ????

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:53 PM, <prgm_mgr@...> wrote:

Hi

I have a set of drivers from a tyco 0-8-0 that I need to remove the drive arms from.  On two sets of drivers, the nut the the bolt  screws into are spinning when I turn the bolt.  Any ideas of how to stabilize the nut so I can remove the bolt? I thought of jambing an xacto knife blade between the nut and the plastic on the wheel but don't want to damage the wheel.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Join HO-Steam@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.