Re: [HOsteam] Removing Pins from drivers on Tyco wheels

mwbauers

Perhaps you need to 'glue' the outer edge of the nut to the wheel?

How about tooth-pick applied...... 'breakable' Lock-Tite, ordinary super-glue, or 5-minute epoxy ????

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On Sep 11, 2013, at 12:53 PM, <prgm_mgr@...> wrote:

Hi

I have a set of drivers from a tyco 0-8-0 that I need to remove the drive arms from.  On two sets of drivers, the nut the the bolt  screws into are spinning when I turn the bolt.  Any ideas of how to stabilize the nut so I can remove the bolt? I thought of jambing an xacto knife blade between the nut and the plastic on the wheel but don't want to damage the wheel.

Any thoughts are appreciated!