Re: Taking a Athearn Genesis pacific apart - Universals

morey200152

--- In HOsteam@..., acl-wayne wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I thought I had tried the pin with a screwdriver
previously, without success. The next time I have a need to strip one
of my Mikes down I will remember this

Chris Morey

Chris,

Look closely at the crank pin location. You should see a very, very
small Phillips head screw that you will have to match exactly with a
screwdriver bit. I believe the screw has right-hand threads. After you
carefully remove the screw and save it, the eccentric lifts off of the
boss on the driver. Mark the position of the eccentric before you work
on the screw to save frustration later, when you assemble the
locomotive. BTW, the side rods are held in place by hex-headed, small
machine screws.

Wayne Long