--- Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com> wrote:
From: Thomas Beutel <Thomas.Beutel@efi.com>

Hi Ashley,

From what I know, they are as follows:

0-6-0 S-8
4-6-0 T-28
2-8-0 C-3

The 2-8-0 has drivers that are way too large (62"
vs. 57"), but otherwise
they are good representations. I've built the 0-6-0
and 4-6-0 before MDC
made their latest round of improvements, and they
run fine. Now with can
motors and nickel-plated wheels, I understand that
they run even better.

As always, care in construction goes a long way to
making a well running
loco. The advice that I here from many kit builders
is to test the
free-rolling-ness of the drivers at every step
(before the motor is in).
They should roll absolutely without a hitch when
given a slight nudge on a
plate glass surface. Any hitches should be uncovered
and dealt with before
completing the model.

Good luck and have fun!

Regards,
Thomas Beutel
San Francisco

From: "Ashley Rachel Pollard"
<Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk>

Does anybody know how accurate the SP steam engines
are that MDC sell?

In particular:

0-6-0
4-6-0
2-8-0

The Walthers catalogue indicate they come lettered
for the Espee, with vandy
tenders on the latter two.

Also, how easy are they to put together to run well?
--
Ashley Rachel Pollard
Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk

ONElist: where the world talks!