Re: [HOsteam] Scratch building article in MRH

Kenneth Rickman

Thanks, guys! Interesting that you mention kitbashing. It was a kitbash that inspired me. After I stripped a Spectrum 2-8-0 boiler down to a bare cylinder and filled in the holes and grooves, I realized that I could have made my own boiler and gone from there.

Keep an eye on the web site for the next three months. I wrote about building a brass cab, as well as a styrene cab with rivet decals. I hope you can get something out of that as well.

Ken Rickman

On 6/13/2012 1:36 PM, Roger Traviss wrote:
Excellent article and while I may not scratch build a steam locomotive,
there are lots of ideas for kitbashing.
--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC