To: HOsteam@yahoogroups.com
From: krickman1@carolina.rr.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:57:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [HOsteam] Re: New member...Saying Hello and with request for information

On 10/18/2011 1:48 PM, Victor Bitleris wrote:

[F]or the life of me, I cannot imagine how you would turn a worm on the lathe.
Any lathe which can cut a screw can cut a worm. The lead screw is

driven via gears from the spindle, so that it will advance the carriage

a set distance for every revolution of the spindle. Changing the gear

ratio changes the thread pitch.

Ken Rickman

--

Kenneth Rickman