Re: New member...Saying Hello and with request for information

Ken Robbins

Allen, I have posted 3 more photos of my Mantua 0-6-0-T that show the underside. I feel putting pickup wipers on the backside of an engine's drivers is better than having them rub on the tread (too much dirt buildup), so I worked out this arrangement. The thin phosphor-bronze fingers exert very light pressure.

I have a lathe, so I replaced the Mantua Nylon worm with one made of brass but kept the original Nylon worm gear. I use LaBelle #102 on my gears. The loco is extremely quiet and has racked up more than 100 hours so far with no problems whatsoever, other than occasional cleaning of those (ugh!) brass tires.

Good luck with your conversion. Hope to see pictures someday!

Ken Robbins