Re: [HOsteam] Need some help.

mwbauers

I have a couple of N&W Y-6b's.

What you need to look carefully at is if either of the drive shafts coming out of the motor is if there is noticeable shifting and then binding when you run forward.

If you see this in one of the shafts, you may need to add a spacer of a washer or two to the shaft.

Your motor shaft can also be the one that is sifting and binding. The fix is similar.

Do some more test running and see if either of the drive shafts or the motor shaft is sort of traveling forward and thus jamming during that direction of travel.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jan 24, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Mike wrote:

I have a Rivorssi 2442 Steam that was given to me. It was made I guess
in the 70's. The prob Im having is it will run fine backwards but will
only run a lil forwards the it will slow cown alot and stop moving.
The wheels have been cleamed and there is nothing stopping the rods
and wheels from moving. The engine inside was replace and when It runs
forward it gets hot to the touch(and I mean hot) but is fine when it
runs backwards. I have pics of it that ill be putting in a folder for
ya'll to look at and maybe someone could help me out.