Re: [HOsteam] Converting a Riv. 4-6-2 drive

mwbauers

If you like the looks of the unit outside of the flanges, and it
pulls quite well for you....

Then consider re-tooling the flanges.

On Jun 28, 2005, at 3:22 PM, cl_piglet wrote:

Hello, I have purchased a Rivarossi Heavy 4-6-2 at a flea market. It
has over 2 dozen added on brass detail parts and the work was done by
a master. All that the person I bought it from could say about it was,
that it was a special engine modified at the factory. Anyway, in the
end it is still a Rivarossi... deep flanges, plastic drivers, plastic
trucks. Does anyone have any experience in converting one of these to
a Bowser drive? Any other suggestions would be appreciated also.
Thanks.