engines modified with tender motors

Arved Grass <a_grass@...>

For those NOT on the Espee mailing list, I thought this might be of
interest, and spark some discussion on this list.

I have to admit, I've always thought of tender drive models as being
appropriate for smaller models, like AHM's Reno, or Tyco/Mantua's
General. The idea that a huge cab-forward could be tender-driven is
a complete revelation to me. It's sure got me rethinking how some of
my models might be repowered.

--- In Espee@egroups.com, Leo Pesce <leo@s...> wrote:
Hello,

prompted by Gary Tillery, I put together a web page with a few
pictures of
three engines modified for maximum traction: move the motor into the
tender
and fill the boiler full of lead.

http://www.ocston.org/~leo/tender.htm

Cheers
Leo

PS. the page points to pictures that are between 40 and 80 Kb.
--- End forwarded message ---