-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Beutel

Hi Stefan,

I believe the distinction between light and heavy was one of axle loading.
Both used the same running gear, but many railroads had lighter rail that
necessitated the use of a smaller boiler to reduce the overall per-axle
load. At the moment I forget what the axle loadings were.

Regards,
Thomas Beutel
San Francisco