Steel tyre treads

Nelson Kennedy <nelsonk@...>

In a 'past life' when I was modelling British Protofour (similar to Proto87
in concept) I was using steel tyred wheels from Alan Gibson. Steel is the
de facto standard for P4. I expected trouble from rusting, especially as I
live at the seaside so I packed a small bag of silica gel in my loco boxes.
Never had a trace of rust in the several years I had these models. The
pulling power of these small locos (I had an 0-4-2T and 2-6-2T) was quite
amazing.

Nelson Kennedy
Christchurch, New Zealand
Ferrymead Trams, NZR 0 gauge, a little Espee H0 are at
http://downunder.railfan.net
Honourable Association of Good Guys and Irreverent Souls