Re: [HOsteam] Re: Metal steam in HO

mwbauers

brasshat99 wrote:

Fellows-
I just found out that Model Power has purchased Mantua Industries. This has been announced in the latest Walther's Newsletter. For those who have modeled using Mantua products, this is a reprieve for them, modelwise and partwise. I would think that Model Power would move all the tool and diework offshore, in order to produce the product at a greatly reduced cost.
Tom Meyer(Brasshat99)
This tactic has allowed Walthers to nearly quadruple their prices over the very few last years as they eliminated their USA produced kits and converted their production to ready-built sourced from China production only.

We'll have to wait and see what Model Power does with the Mantua tooling.........

--
regards,
Mike Bauers