Re: Harriman steam

"Ashley Rachel Pollard" <Ashley@...

-----original message-----

From: "Walt Gay" <waltrail@erols.com>
Subject: Re: New Products rumour mill

I heard "Big Boy"!??
A "Big Boy". Men <g>. Surely big engines need big layouts, therefore what is
needed are smaller engines, because you need more of them. ;_)

[snip]

From: "Nelson Kennedy" <nelsonk@chch.planet.org.nz>

D&S Hobbies are predicting the announcement of a comprehensive range of new
quality steam locos by the end of October. http://onerrave.com

Put that alongside P2K's statement that they will make a major product
announcement at the Chicago bash in October and imaginations start to work
overtime!

Now, if only they could look at doing some Harriman types instead of yet
more USRA types .... well, I can dream, can't I? At least Harriman types
would be suitable for several roads ...... we'll see.

BTW, does anyone know of a web article telling of how to bash a more or
less acceptable SP C9 from a Spectrum Consolidation?
Harriman types would also be my cup of tea. I'm resigning myself to either
extensive kitbashing, or brass for the locomotive roster I want. though it
has to be said I don't need many locomotives, five all told. These things
are relative, but building five engines is a fairly big undertaking in my
mind.

Let alone of course scratchbuilding all the traction units I want as well.

So is there an article on kitbashing the Spectrum Consolidation into a
Harriman one? Has anyone got a copy of the article about improving the MDC
Consolidation kit?
--
Ashley Rachel Pollard
Ashley@apnix.demon.co.uk