First DX WAIN Certificate Issued

Mark E. Musick

Hello Everyone,

I just mailed a Worked All Indiana certificate to our first DX applicant.

Certificate #19 went to Laci, OM2VL for working all 92 Indiana counties.

73 of the confirmations were via the WAIN cross check. The remaining 19 were QSL cards.

Mark, WB9CIF

Worked All Indiana

Award Manager

Stephen Morton

Very impressive achievement for Laci.  He is always a great competitor in the SQP’s.

Steve – AA4TI

Sent from Mail for Windows

I just mailed a Worked All Indiana certificate to our first DX applicant.

Certificate #19 went to Laci, OM2VL for working all 92 Indiana counties.

73 of the confirmations were via the WAIN cross check. The remaining 19 were QSL cards.

Mark, WB9CIF

Worked All Indiana

Award Manager

David Bunte

I recently exchanged emails with Laci. He was thrilled when he got his 92nd Indiana county... and then recently noticed that there was a certificate for that, and filed for that fairly recently. Mark, it appears your turnaround time on getting the certificate to him is excellent.

Dave - K9FN

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:33 PM Mark E. Musick <markmusick@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I just mailed a Worked All Indiana certificate to our first DX applicant.

Certificate #19 went to Laci, OM2VL for working all 92 Indiana counties.

73 of the confirmations were via the WAIN cross check. The remaining 19 were QSL cards.

Mark, WB9CIF

Worked All Indiana

Award Manager

Len Litvan

Cool, Mark.  Tnx for sharing.

73,
Len
AE9LL

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022, 10:33 PM Mark E. Musick <markmusick@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I just mailed a Worked All Indiana certificate to our first DX applicant.

Certificate #19 went to Laci, OM2VL for working all 92 Indiana counties.

Mark E. Musick

I got him taken care of Dave, but not without a few bumps in the road.

He didn’t have his GCR list for the 19 QSLs certified by two local amateurs. With the virus that was going to be a chore for him so, I just had him to send me PDFs ( 10 e-mails in total) of the QSLs and we certified them that way.

He also needed the QSLs from KO9F when we operated DMM in the 2020 INQP for his Top List counters.

I put the QSLs in with the WAIN certificate and endorsements, took it to the local post office and the person behind the counter tried to tell me that it would cost me $73.00 to send it to him because of the weight.

I knew that was BS so I took it to the post office at the Indianapolis airport a couple days later and they knew what they were doing and I got it shipped out for $4.73.

He is now a happy camper and will let me know when it arrives.

Mark, WB9CIF

I recently exchanged emails with Laci. He was thrilled when he got his 92nd Indiana county... and then recently noticed that there was a certificate for that, and filed for that fairly recently. Mark, it appears your turnaround time on getting the certificate to him is excellent.

Dave - K9FN

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:33 PM Mark E. Musick <markmusick@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I just mailed a Worked All Indiana certificate to our first DX applicant.

Certificate #19 went to Laci, OM2VL for working all 92 Indiana counties.

73 of the confirmations were via the WAIN cross check. The remaining 19 were QSL cards.

Mark, WB9CIF

Worked All Indiana

Award Manager

David Bunte

Mark -

That was a lot of extra work. Laci has given LOTS of us a DX contact in various QSO parties. He has been active, over the years in over 200 of them... and is just 15 counties away from the full 3077 US county award.

If you need to be reimbursed for that $4.73 just say the word and I'll PayPal it to you.

Dave - K9FN

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:27 AM Mark E. Musick <markmusick@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dave,

This one is on me. It’s not a problem. $4.73 is not going to break Becky and I up. HI

I told him since he was our first DX applicant we would for go the $5.00 application fee and the cost of mailing would be on me.

I figured it was the least we could do since he is always there for us in the INQP.

Mark, WB9CIF