URGENT! We lost our meeting place!

David, N9KT

Squealers in Castleton has closed. So right now, we don't have a place to meet.

I'll start calling around immediately. However three months ago when I was calling around looking for possible meeting places, all the places wanted $200 per meeting or a guaranteed attendance of about 20 people.

I wanted to get the word out ASAP. If you know of a place, please call them and find out what their requirements are.

Ideally, we would like a private room with a projector or TV that we can use for presentations. Also, some of our members would like to have alcohol. Lastly, a cost per meeting or a guaranteed attendance will probably nix the deal.

Let me know what you all find out.

Until then, consider the March 13 meeting canceled.

-David, N9KT

David, N9KT

As an example, here's for a room that holds 35 at Blind Owl Brewery:
Sunday – Thursday $350.00 Sales Minimum

I've been at club meetings where we only had 8 people. If we averaged $20/person, that would be $160. So, the treasury would have to come up with $190. That wouldn't work...

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 2:48 AM David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:
Squealers in Castleton has closed. So right now, we don't have a place to meet.

I'll start calling around immediately. However three months ago when I was calling around looking for possible meeting places, all the places wanted $200 per meeting or a guaranteed attendance of about 20 people.

I wanted to get the word out ASAP. If you know of a place, please call them and find out what their requirements are.

Ideally, we would like a private room with a projector or TV that we can use for presentations. Also, some of our members would like to have alcohol. Lastly, a cost per meeting or a guaranteed attendance will probably nix the deal.

Let me know what you all find out.

Until then, consider the March 13 meeting canceled.

-David, N9KT

Ken Bandy, KJ9B

David, according the Squealers' web site, their location at W. 86th and Zionsville Rd. is still open.  I don't know if the club is tied to east/northeast side venues, but if not, this might be an alternative.  I've been in this restaurant once a few years ago, and don't recall if they have a private room.  Their number is 317-871-7427.

73,

Ken, KJ9B

Squealers in Castleton has closed. So right now, we don't have a place to meet.

I'll start calling around immediately. However three months ago when I was calling around looking for possible meeting places, all the places wanted $200 per meeting or a guaranteed attendance of about 20 people.

I wanted to get the word out ASAP. If you know of a place, please call them and find out what their requirements are.

Ideally, we would like a private room with a projector or TV that we can use for presentations. Also, some of our members would like to have alcohol. Lastly, a cost per meeting or a guaranteed attendance will probably nix the deal.

Let me know what you all find out.

Until then, consider the March 13 meeting canceled.

-David, N9KT

Steven Stuckey (AC9GK)

David,

When we were at the old place the waitress said the head bbq master started a place near 146th and Hazell Dell this may be the place I do not know.

 Rackz BBQ
5790 E Main St suite 140, Carmel, IN 46033, USA

73
Steve AC9GK

--
Steven Stuckey - AC9GK - Indiana

Doug Rose N9DR

FYI, Squeelers web site says they have private party rooms and banquet rooms available at booth Zionsville road and Mooresville locations.

Doug
N9DR

On Mar 5, 2019, at 7:18 AM, Kenneth Bandy <ken.kj9b@...> wrote:

[...]

Len Litvan

Hi guys,

I just posted our need on Nextdoor--74 area subdivisions in NE Indy totaling about 13,000 individuals/households.  I'll pass along anything positive which comes of it.

73,
Len  AE9LL

David, N9KT

Len-
Great idea! Thanks!
-David, N9KT

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 9:05 AM Len Litvan <LJLitvan@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

I just posted our need on Nextdoor--74 area subdivisions in NE Indy
totaling about 13,000 individuals/households.  I'll pass along anything
positive which comes of it.

73,
Len  AE9LL

David, N9KT

Rackz BBQ doesn't have a room...

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 8:15 AM Steven Stuckey (AC9GK) <ac9gkx@...> wrote:
[...]

David here is a place with 2 rooms but not sure if the price out the rooms. http://thenorthendbbq.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral#photo-gallery

Steve AC9GK

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 11:35 AM David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:
[...]

bfdbox122

Dave

How about MCL down the street on 86th.

Tom, W9CSX

[...]

MCL wants $300 to use the room exclusively. Otherwise we would have other people in the room with us.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 1:17 PM bfdbox122 via Groups.Io <tccarroll=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Tim N9LF

While I agree it would be preferable to have exclusive use of the room, I do believe it would be better to share the room than to have no meeting(s) at all.

Just one man's opinion.

tg

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 4:08:48 PM EST, David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:

[...]

objectiveuser

I think MCL this month sharing a room (if the other non-hams can stand us!)
is better than no meeting at all.

Terry N4TZ

On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 4:10 PM, Tim N9LF via Groups.Io <n9lf@...> wrote:

[...]

W9WO

Hi David

You might check with the Ale Emporium.     https://ale-emporium.com/

They're just west of the Squealers in Castleton on the corner of 86th and Allisonville Rd. I don't know if they would be a viable option for the group or not. If you click on the party tab at the top of the page it mentions being able to accommodate groups of 5  to 500. Might be worth a shot. I think they do have one separate room now. Best pizza, wings and sandwiches/food you'll find and alcohol is no problem obviously.

73,

Darrell W9WO

On March 5, 2019 at 2:48 AM David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:

Squealers in Castleton has closed. So right now, we don't have a place to meet.

I'll start calling around immediately. However three months ago when I was calling around looking for possible meeting places, all the places wanted $200 per meeting or a guaranteed attendance of about 20 people.

I wanted to get the word out ASAP. If you know of a place, please call them and find out what their requirements are.

Ideally, we would like a private room with a projector or TV that we can use for presentations. Also, some of our members would like to have alcohol. Lastly, a cost per meeting or a guaranteed attendance will probably nix the deal.

Let me know what you all find out.

Until then, consider the March 13 meeting canceled.

-David, N9KT

David, N9KT

Ale Emporium - $300.

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 4:42 PM Darrell Snow <dgsnowman@...> wrote:

[...]

E.J. Caylor

I figured MCL would best accommodate all you retirees.... ;)

Don't know if you tired The Journey on 96th.  Probably a little pricey for dinner though.

E.J.

--

Mike Wetzel

David,

We could use the Union Jack.  I am pretty sure we could use one end of it so not completely by ourselves and of course the parking is not that easy.

Another choice might be Bravo my wife suggested that.

Mike W9RE