Re: Rarest of the rare?

David, N9KT

That's interesting. The CR8 on the card I posted was Diu Island (Portuguese India) off the West coast of India (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diu_Island). Numerous places say, "There was only one operation from this rare entity. It was Bill Hunton, W6ODD, on August 2nd, 1948. Mr. Hunton only made 55 contacts."
and on Clublog (you have to type in the callsign w6odd/cr8) https://clublog.org/qslarchive/search.php

The CR8AI on the card you posted was Timor (Portuguese Timor) off the NW coast of Australia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Timor) and it looks like a lot of people worked it. Here's a whole page of them:

Interesting that they have the same prefix since they are 4,250 miles apart line-of-sight. I wonder if they did that because there was only 55 contacts on the one?

I ran across an interesting presentation that others may like: "Finding the Deleted Ones" by Jim McCook W6YA. It's two parts:
It talks about deleted entities with maps, cards, and some historical info from all of them.

-David, N9KT

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 1:18 AM James Wolf <kr9u@...> wrote:

I can’t make much out of the poor scan of the card.

All I know is that it has CR8 on it.

You can see a few more from K9ECE  (sk) here.  https://www.qsl.net/fwdxa/old-qsls.html

QSL-Cards

KR9U