Re: Have you worked the country Transnistria?

David, N9KT

Mike-

Thanks for the pointer. That actually got me on the correct path looking at some of these countries. I just find it fascinating that they exist and that with the DXCC list acknowledging stuff that even *I* wouldn't call a country that they aren't in the list.

I found some more info about Transnistria. Apparently they have been using the "T10" prefix: https://clublog.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/98493

Looking at that list, the funniest one I've found is "1Z" - the "Karen State". Imagine that, a whole country of "Karens"! 😁

Now I'm curious and I'm going to have to go through my log and see if I've worked any of these strange places.

-David, N9KT

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 6:43 AM Mike Kasrich <aj9c@...> wrote:

Yea I had heard of it long ago. Not recognized by anyone other than Russia I believe. I could be wrong but I think it "self assigned" the D1 prefix much to the chagrin of the IARU. They keep company with Turkish Cyprus (1B) as odd ball places that don't count for DXCC.

On 3/7/2022 11:31 PM, David, N9KT wrote:
I saw this country on the news. I had never heard of it before. It was formed July 21 1992. It has a constitution, flag, national anthem, and coat of arms.

-David, N9KT

Join HDXCC@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.