Re: FW: [NCC] Hamvention will move in 2017

David, N9KT

Thanks for the info Dave!  Any idea where they're moving it to?  Indy?  ;-)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:27 AM 'Dave Zeph' w9pa@... [HDXCC] <HDXCC@...> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: NCC [mailto:ncc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Tim Duffy
Sent: Friday, 29 July, 2016 13:17
To: 'North Coast Contesters'; 'mrrc'
Subject: [NCC] Hamvention will move in 2017

http://www.w8bi.org/

Hara

Created on Friday, 28 July 2017 Last Updated on Friday, 29 July 2016Written
by Steve Coy

Dayton HamventionR 2017 News Update

The Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) regrets to inform our many
vendors, visitors and stakeholders that, unfortunately, HARA has announced
the closing of their facility. We have begun execution of our contingency
plan to move HamventionR 2017 to a new home.

DARA and HamventionR have enjoyed many successful years working together
with HARA Arena and we wish the Wampler family the best.

DARA and HamventionR have been working on a contingency plan in the event
HARA would become unavailable. We have spent many hours over the last few
years evaluating possible locations and have found one in the area we
believe will be a great new home! Due to logistics and timing issues, we
will make a formal announcement introducing our new partner. This
information will be coming soon. We all believe this new venue will be a
spectacular place to hold our beloved event. Please rest assured we will
have the event on the same weekend and, since it will be in the region, the
current accommodations and outside events already planned for Hamvention
2017 should not be affected.

We look forward to your continued support as we move to a new future with
The Dayton HamventionR.

Ron Cramer

General Chairman
Dayton Hamvention 2017