splitting a leaf spring ???

T C

Guys & gals I have a question, maybe a dumb one, but if so just consider the source (me). To accomplish exactly what I want on a build I need to split a leaf spring, from an old model car, down the middle, making two narrow leaves from one wide leaf. I have cut spring leaves "crossways" to shorten them before, but never longways. I realize that I will probably need to go slowly to avoid overheating. Any other ideas?        Take them (2) to someone with a liquid cooled saw to have it done?
Any of you done and lived to tell about it? Thanks.

thom in western NC

Join HCRBuildersGroup@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.