muting threads in groups.io?

Sarah k Alawami

Hello to all. I muted my first thread on a group I'm a member of (not an owner of) will I if someone replies continue to receive email or will it just mute e like it should. Also how do I access my muted topics if I want to spy on them a bit?

Take care all

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website: http://www.tffppodcast.com
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go to http://tffppodcast.com/premium
and for hosting options go to http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting
to subscribe to the feed click here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp
And for the listen page go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/listen

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/pod-pledge
For an android list in the making where android apps, accessibility, phones and development can be discussed subscribe send a blank email to
androiddiscuss+subscribe@android-discuss.groups.io
and follow the prompts.
to visit the subgroups and subscribe (note you must be subscribed to the main group as well) visit the following URL:
about-android.tffppodcast.com
For other groups I run and maintain visit http://www.tffppodcast.com/groups

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Muting a thread is pretty much an absolute once you've done it, at least in terms of changing anything from the e-mail interface.

I use the web interface since I can simply choose not to open threads that don't interest me, are annoying me, etc.  You can always peek in on all the threads in a given group using the groups.io web interface, since muting is not something one can do (as it has no meaning as far as the web archive goes) on the web interface.

It is also possible to unmute either threads or hashtags you've previously muted, but you must do this via the web interface.  See:  https://groups.io/static/help#muting

Sarah k Alawami

Thanks. I'll take a look. Hope that part is accessible and I can filter by muted/unmuted threads, if i cannot I might bring  this to the suggestion of the beta group after  some stuff settles down a bit, maybe by next week.

Take care all.

On May 24, 2018, at 8:21 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Muting a thread is pretty much an absolute once you've done it, at least in terms of changing anything from the e-mail interface.

I use the web interface since I can simply choose not to open threads that don't interest me, are annoying me, etc.  You can always peek in on all the threads in a given group using the groups.io web interface, since muting is not something one can do (as it has no meaning as far as the web archive goes) on the web interface.

It is also possible to unmute either threads or hashtags you've previously muted, but you must do this via the web interface.  See:  https://groups.io/static/help#muting

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Sarah,

         If you follow the instructions with regard to unmuting a thread or hashtag, this is done on the main groups.io page (https://groups.io), not the individual group's main page or archive page itself, and if memory serves the navigation bar that allows you to access these functions is accessible.

         When I am on the groups.io main page and using NVDA I can definitely get to the Topics and Hashtags links (which are made to look like dropdown buttons, and in practice they are, though there is nothing verbalized by NVDA to indicate this, I don't have JAWS to test with) and if I hit Enter when sitting on either one it expands the list beneath it to have the All, Muted, and Followed buttons.

          When I choose the "Muted" link, a table of the topics that I have muted is presented (and there are very few of those).  If I open any one of those topics/threads, there is a series of buttons (which are actually links - side rant - I HATE the new coding convention of making links appear as buttons because it makes it hell for a sighted assistant to accurately guide someone with the quick navigation command for "next/previous button" when the darned things aren't buttons!!) one of which is the "Unmute this topic" button.  If I do a screen browser search for "unmute" you get shot straight to that button.

Sarah k Alawami

Thanks. I figured out how to filter all of this at the top  of the page. You guys rock.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Sarah,

        Great!  Please see my latest question to you on the beta group, as your comment there related to this and using Voiceover leads me to believe that its telling you something that NVDA isn't telling me and JAWS isn't telling Andre.