How to repeat a Calendar event on the LAST Friday of the month? #help

Osbert Lancaster

Trying to set up a recurring meeting on the last Friday of the month. But the only option seems to be either the fourth or fifth Friday. I don't want the fourth Friday! If I select the fifth Friday, the event is only created when there are five Fridays in the month - I was hoping Groups.io might interpret the fifth as 'last'!

Any solution to this problem? Thanks!

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 11:24 AM, Osbert Lancaster wrote:
Trying to set up a recurring meeting on the last Friday of the month. But the only option seems to be either the fourth or fifth Friday. I don't want the fourth Friday! If I select the fifth Friday, the event is only created when there are five Fridays in the month - I was hoping Groups.io might interpret the fifth as 'last'!
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this and a 'last' selection is not available when selecting the repetition.  The only way I've found of quickly getting events in a calendar on a 'last' day is to (using your requirements):
  • Create a repeating monthly event starting on a 4th Friday (which will be the last Friday for some months)
  • On the months where there is a 5th Friday, edit the event, change the date and save for 'The Event Only'

From the current date to the end of 2021 you should need to move 3 events.

Regards
Andy

Osbert Lancaster

Andy - thanks for the workaround, I'll do that! I'll also post a feature request.

Cheers

Osbert

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 12:14 PM, Osbert Lancaster wrote:
Andy - thanks for the workaround, I'll do that! I'll also post a feature request.
A request was made on Beta last year so you could add to that or maybe create a new one referring to the old one.

Andy

Duane

FYI, this should now work, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/28802

Duane
--
The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.