Topics

Events Calendar Reminders

Qamar Uddin UK

Hello,

I am going to use the GIO Events Calendar for the first time to send it automatically to all group members.

I have selected the Reminders option for 3 hours before the event (e.g. 1 pm for the event at 4 pm) - see image attached.

I would like to know if I need to tick the checkbox, “Send Notice to Group When the Events happens” or not (i.e. to avoid duplicating it again at 4 pm)?

Regards,

Qamar Uddin, York (UK)

image.png

Duane

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 05:13 PM, Qamar Uddin UK wrote:
I would like to know if I need to tick the checkbox, “Send Notice to Group When the Events happens” or not
It's up to you.  If you don't want a notice sent when it happens, uncheck it.

Duane

Qamar Uddin UK

Hi Duane,

I was not sure what that checkbox action did so I have searched other forum comments about it's functionality.

What I have understood is, if I tick the checkbox (
“Send Notice to Group When the Events happens”) and click update, it will send the Event Calendar to all group members immediately.

This is exactly what I did not want to do but to send it when the Reminders date/time was set.

As you're on the developer team, please do request to improve the label texts to make it more clearer and less ambiguous for new users.

Many thanks,

Qamar Uddin

Duane

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 05:54 PM, Qamar Uddin UK wrote:
What I have understood is, if I tick the checkbox (“Send Notice to Group When the Events happens”) and click update, it will send the Event Calendar to all group members immediately.
If you tick that box, a notice will be sent when it happens.  The hashtag will be #cal-notice  At the bottom of the event, you can use the Add Event & Invite Group button to send an immediate notice.  It will have the hashtag #cal-invite

This is exactly what I did not want to do but to send it when the Reminders date/time was set.
The Reminder time is when an email will be sent to the group to remind them of the upcoming event.  It will have the hashtag #cal-reminder

As you're on the developer team, please do request to improve the label texts to make it more clearer and less ambiguous for new users.
No, I'm not.  The only full time employee is Mark.  (Nina is doing contract work on the manuals.)  Anyone can make a suggestion on the beta group.  If I don't see a suggestion soon, I'll submit one when I get time.

Duane