group locked

fimmgfc@...

Why my group is locked amd how can i unlock it?
fimmgfc

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:05 PM, <fimmgfc@...> wrote:
Why my group is locked amd how can i unlock it?
A group can be locked and unlocked in Admin > Settings using the Lock Group button.  See the section in the Owner's Manual about locking and unlocking groups groups.

Also, If a group created after Monday, February 8th, 2021 at 9am Pacific Time upgrades to premium, gains more than 100 members, and then later downgrades back to free, the group will be locked until the member list is reduced to 100 members.  See https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/27191 for more details on that.

Andy

fimmgfc@...

Thank you for the answer.
Really, my group now has 113 members and so it was locked when my mounthly plain expired, it becomes bigger than I thought.
I want to upgrade it, payinng an annual plain, but it is not possible, every operation is locked, there is only a red button still ready: "delete the group". There are no instruction in the help center. There is not a "unlocked" button. It meens that I have to delete my group and tansfer it in other platform?
thank you fimmgfc

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 10:40 AM, <fimmgfc@...> wrote:
I want to upgrade it, payinng an annual plain,
Look at your Admin menu and select the +Upgrade option  (Admin > +Upgrade)

and then on the next page use the button. You can select the upgrade options you want from there.

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 10:40 AM, <fimmgfc@...> wrote:
There are no instruction in the help center.
Sorry, I should have added that details are provided in the Owner's Manual

Andy

fimmgfc@...

Thank you for your help, but i've just tried many times to upgrade the group following the procedure in your mail. Every time, after clicked on "+ upgrade", in the next screen, when i clik on the green botton of "upgrade with yearly billing" in the Premium Plan, it appears the screen below. It's like a infinite loop. It seems that, since the group is locked, i can do nothing more, neither to upgrade it.
Hoping to be able to unlock and upgrade my group, i'm waiting for your help. Thanks
fimmgfc

Duane

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 03:31 PM, <fimmgfc@...> wrote:
Every time, after clicked on "+ upgrade", in the next screen, when i clik on the green botton of "upgrade with yearly billing" in the Premium Plan, it appears the screen below. It's like a infinite loop.
I think you may have uncovered a bug.  Since this situation is fairly new, not many people have had a chance to see how things operate.  From your description, it sounds like you'd have to reduce the number of members below 100 before you could upgrade again.  That would be a pain, but also shouldn't be happening from what I've read.  You should report it on the beta group using the #bug hashtag including details, especially your last message.  You'll need to join the group if you're not already a member.

Duane
--
The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.

fimmgfc@...

Yes, there is a very big bug in the platform! I had to create another group ed transfer there all the members. I lost all my file. Now i payed a yearly subscription with the new list, but i think that a very big and red warning must be put in the instruction: "if a payment list, with more of 100 members, will be downgraded you will lost everything!".
thank yoy
fimmgfc

Duane

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 04:35 PM, <fimmgfc@...> wrote:
i think that a very big and red warning must be put in the instruction: "if a payment list, with more of 100 members, will be downgraded you will lost everything!"
That wouldn't be necessary if you reported the bug and Mark fixed it.  If you don't report it, then you're allowing another owner to run into the same situation.

Duane
--
The Groups.io Help Center includes the Owners Manual and Members Manual.
They can be browsed online or downloaded as PDF files.

Duane

FYI, this was indeed a bug and Mark has fixed it, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/28866

Duane