#Hashtag Issues - Corrected Messages were dropped #hashtag

Mark L Goldberg

I started a new group and was doing some experimenting with hashtags.  I have the group configured to require hashtags and only let the moderator create them.  I sent a couple of messages from a second (member) account - one with no hashtag and one with an invalid hashtag. In both cases my post was rejected (which is what I expected) and I had the opportunity to edit the message to fix the problem.  I did that, but it seems that the corrected messages never went anywhere. They should have been queued for moderator approval but were not.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 07:46 AM, Mark L Goldberg wrote:
I started a new group and was doing some experimenting with hashtags.  I have the group configured to require hashtags and only let the moderator create them.  I sent a couple of messages from a second (member) account - one with no hashtag and one with an invalid hashtag. In both cases my post was rejected (which is what I expected) and I had the opportunity to edit the message to fix the problem.  I did that, but it seems that the corrected messages never went anywhere. They should have been queued for moderator approval but were not.
Mark -- I have confirmed this behavior, using both Member and Owner accounts. The message is properly held as a Draft, but once the subject line is corrected, it does not go into moderation, nor does it bypass moderation and post...it simply disappears.

I'll report this for you in beta as a #bug.

Regards,
Bruce

Mark L Goldberg

Thanks Bruce. I am new to Groups.io - what do you mean by “report in beta”?

Duane

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 05:53 AM, Mark L Goldberg wrote:
what do you mean by “report in beta”?
The beta group is for reporting bugs (and making suggestions.)  The report that Bruce filed is at https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/combination_of_hashtags/79043639

Duane

Mark L Goldberg

Cool. Can anyone report a bug or make a suggestion in the BETA group?

Duane

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 07:43 AM, Mark L Goldberg wrote:
Can anyone report a bug or make a suggestion in the BETA group?
Yes, you only need to join the group if you want to post.  It's also a great place to keep up with the latest info about the site, so worth at least bookmarking.

Duane