Re: Advanced Search - Am I imagining such exists/existed?

Duane

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 08:59 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
There are times when I want to search for material in a group archive on more parameters than keywords.  Things such as date range of post, member who posted, etc.

I could swear, somewhere in the mists of memory, that I accessed such a search mechanism on Groups.io in the past, but it's certainly not immediately obvious when one hits the search button where one would go to get to an advanced search function, if such exists.

Am I imagining things?
I'd say, "it depends...".  Next to the Search button is the funnel (filter) where you can (currently) set a date range, then search within the results.  It's been suggested on beta that other items be added to the filter list.  I can't be sure, but I hope some of those will be included when the long-awaited overhaul/app is released.  If the member, like you and me, always signs their posts with a name, that can be included in the search box.  If you happen to know the PosterID of the member (aka unique site id number), you can search on that using posterid:###.  (Yours happens to be 24134 and mine is 1289.)  It does sometimes require a little creativity, but I usually find what I'm looking for fairly quickly.

Duane

Join Group_Help@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.