Customizing Your Profile (Identity)
Go to your Account page - under your name (top right).
The left side of your account page displays these options:
Login - your email address - change it here. Password - change or delete. Email aliases.
Preferences - time zone, date format, editor preference on the website, receiving your own posts by email
Security - set up 2-factor authentification
Identity - your profile. See details below.
Other Services - oauth logins, if any
Billing - If you have a premium or enterprise account, your credit card on file and payment history.
On that page, you can set a display name, tell others about yourself, and post a photo if you would like to do so. You can set this information for the Groups.io site (your account profile) and/or for each group you're subscribed to (group profiles).
Important - your email address is your account ID.
Changing Your Email Address
- Log into Groups.io.
Note: If you don't have a password already, you can create one from the main Groups.io page or use one of the other options (log in with Facebook or Google).
- On the home page for your group, click on your name in the top right corner.
- Click Account.
- On the login page that appears, enter your new email address in the Email field
- Click the Change Email button.
Adding an Email Alias
Since your account ID is your email address, you can only email from that address, unless you set an email alias. This is useful if you wanted to email to a group from your work computer.
However, you will not receive mail to that email alias.
Set that up on your group site - go to your name in the top right corner
- Login to your account.
- Select "Account" from the top right after logging in.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "Advanced Settings For Email Aliases" and click on the right arrow at the far right of that line.
- Enter the e-mail alias in the space below the text, then click the blue "Add Email Alias" button right below it.
If you have two or more accounts, you lose the advantage of seeing all messages from your groups in one list using Your Groups and managing muted or followed topics and hashtags.
You can merge the accounts. (Do it one email address at a time!)
Decide which email address will be your account.
Log into your outlier group. Go to your name in the top right corner.
Change your email address to your correct one. Save.
You will be prompted about merging.
You must confirm through the email.