If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about a video?
Embedding a photo or video into your post can add tremendously to its impact and is actually quite easy. (WARNING: Video can take a lot of storage space!)
NOTE: This page is for non-nerds. There may be coding hoops that can be jumped through and, if so, feel free to create another page describing that process. Trying to K.I.S.S.
Objects You Can Embed
- Pictures and Photos
- There may be more but I don't know what they are.
Pages You Can Embed in Groups.io
- Admin and Moderators
- Member Notices
- Anyone allowed to Post
- Messages (When replying)
- New Topic
- New Poll
NOTE: You can not embed video into a wikipage
How To Embed
NOTE: You must have other content on the page to save it.
- Open up any of the pages listed above
- On the Menu bar, click on the three bar icon on the far right (Show Advanced Toolbar)
- On the Advanced Toolbar, click on the <> icon on the far right (Source Code)
- The Source Code window will pop up
- Navigate to the website that has embedding enabled
- On Flickr its the Share Photo function (Arrow) at the bottom of the photo when being viewed
- On YouTube its the Share function below the video
- Click the Share icon
- If given options, select the options you want.
- Click the Copy button
- Navigate back to Groups.io and the Source Code window
- Paste the code where you want it to be displayed
- NOTE: By default the cursor is at the end of the code. If you want your embedded content in the middle of the page you'll have to figure out where that is.
- HINT: Probably easiest if you have your post thought out beforehand so you can add it in sequence
- Click on the OK button. If you did it right it should appear in your post immediately, before you post.
Here is a link to my Youtube video entitled "Embed Video Groups io"