If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about a video?
Embedding a photo or video into your post can add tremendously to its impact and is actually quite easy. (WARNING: Videos can take a lot of storage space!)
NOTE: This page is for non-nerds. There might be coding hoops that can be jumped through and, if so, feel free to create another page describing that process. Trying to K.I.S.S.
Objects You Can Embed
- Pictures and Photos
- There might be more but I don't know what they are.
Groups.io Pages That Accept Embedded Objects
- Admin and Moderators
- Member Notices
- Anyone allowed to Post
- Messages (When replying)
- New Topic
- New Poll
- Wiki page
NOTE: You cannot embed video into a wiki page.
How To Embed
NOTE: You must have other content on the page to save it.
- Open any of the pages listed above
- On the text editing toolbar, click the Show advanced toolbar icon at the far right.
- On the advanced toolbar, click the Source code icon ( < > ) at the far right to display the Source code window.
- Navigate to the website that has embedding enabled:
- On Flickr: It is the Share Photo function (Arrow) at the bottom of the photo when being viewed.
- On YouTube: It is the Share function below the video.
- Click the Share icon.
- If given options, select the options you want.
- Click the Copy button.
- Navigate back to Groups.io and the Source code window
- In the Source code window, paste the code where you want the object to be displayed.
NOTE: By default, the cursor is at the end of the code. If you want your embedded content in the middle of the page, you'll have to figure out where that is.
TIP: It is probably easiest if you have your post thought out beforehand so you can add it in sequence.
- Click the OK button. If you did it correctly, the object should appear in your post immediately, before you post.
Here is a link to my Youtube video entitled Embed Video Groups io.