Topics

Switching to summary from digest

Susan Pitlock

I have at least 3 members that receive emails on full digest. They wanted to switch to summary so I changed it but they never received it. Switched them back to digest and they received it fine. So last night I switched them back to summary and again, this morning, no summary. Is there a glitch with the summary delivery?
Thank you,
Susan

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 02:55 PM, Susan Pitlock wrote:
I have at least 3 members that receive emails on full digest. They wanted to switch to summary so I changed it but they never received it. Switched them back to digest and they received it fine. So last night I switched them back to summary and again, this morning, no summary. Is there a glitch with the summary delivery?
Unlikely.

Per the system help:  "You receive a once-daily list of topics that were posted that day" (emphasis added).

Have there been any new topics posted to the group?

Check out the new groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual

Cori Lynn Arnold

I have a user that hasn't had a Summary email sent since May 20th. I checked, and she has no bounced messages. Is there something up with Summaries?

-Cori Lynn

Chris Jones

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 06:35 PM, Cori Lynn Arnold wrote:
I checked, and she has no bounced messages. Is there something up with Summaries?
Has she checked her spam box or her MSP's spam box if she doesn't have sight of it via her client?

Chris

Susan Pitlock

Yes new topics are discussed often as well as replying to previously discussed topics. We just don't understand why full digests are sent but when they click on summary, they never receive it.
Susan

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 03:32 PM, Susan Pitlock wrote:
We just don't understand why full digests are sent but when they click on summary, they never receive it.
I set myself up to receive a Daily Summary last evening and got it just fine this morning.

Do these "problem people" share a single email provider? As Chris suggested, have them check their spam/junk folders. The link/text ratio in a Summary is relatively high and that could easily trigger a spam filter.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual

I just had one user complain of this same issue. I checked and no daily summary had been sent since May 20th as well. Others with daily summary delivery had correctly received the summaries. No settings for that user were unusual or different from others that did receive the daily summary. If this isn't an isolated occurrence, I'll report it to Support.

Dave Rypma
alfaseeya group owner

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 02:27 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 06:35 PM, Cori Lynn Arnold wrote:
I checked, and she has no bounced messages. Is there something up with Summaries?
Has she checked her spam box or her MSP's spam box if she doesn't have sight of it via her client?

Chris

When I checked a user with that exact same issue, there were no bounces and no indication that a summary message had been sent to that user. He has an AOL account.

Dave Rypma
alfaseeya owner

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 03:36 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 03:32 PM, Susan Pitlock wrote:
We just don't understand why full digests are sent but when they click on summary, they never receive it.
I set myself up to receive a Daily Summary last evening and got it just fine this morning.

Do these "problem people" share a single email provider? As Chris suggested, have them check their spam/junk folders. The link/text ratio in a Summary is relatively high and that could easily trigger a spam filter.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual

Peter Cook

This has happened a few times in my groups, and in each case it happened to ALL of the users set to summary in ALL of my groups. In each case there was no bouncing, no removal due to spam, and the email delivery history for each user showed that the summary had not been sent.

Pete

Cori Lynn Arnold

Yes, same as Peter Cook. The summaries haven't been sent since May 20th. No bounces. It's not a spam/junk folder issue.

-cori lynn

Nivard Ovington

And yet I have had one of my groups set to summary using a spare email address as a test since we started with groups.io

It has always arrived including just now

Why would it work with one group and not others?

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)