Save and Send to Group bypasses muting

Malcolm Austen

This is based on observation rather than exhaustive tests. I can't spot any previous discussion of it which surprises me if it really is a bug!

As far as I can see - in observation in a free group where posters are allowed to edit their own messages - if a poster edits their message and then does "Save and Send to Group" the email is sent out to everyone, ignoring hashtag muting. 

I think it also breaks the email header threading as well but first I'd like to find out if there is any previous experience of this apparent bug in bypassing the hashtag muting.

Any observations or hints are welcome before I get too deep in trying to create a test scenario.

Malcolm.

-- 
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>

Malcolm Austen

There does a threading issue too - edit & send gets a new (well, modified) Message-ID and no reference back to the original ...

edit & send:
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:11:58 -0700
Message-ID: <Groupsio.1.zEAl.1616569918707413211.qNFq@groups.io>

original:
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:11:58 -0700
Message-ID: <zEAl.1616569918707413211.qNFq@groups.io>

Malcolm.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:20 PM, Malcolm Austen wrote:
As far as I can see - in observation in a free group where posters are allowed to edit their own messages - if a poster edits their message and then does "Save and Send to Group" the email is sent out to everyone, ignoring hashtag muting. 

Yes, I can confirm that a muted hashtag is ignored if a message is edited and then saved and sent to the group.  I think this is worth raising on Beta

Andy