Topics

Need help for a member

Donald Hellen

A member forgot his login for GIO. He wants to join a new group I
created.

What does he need to do to get into groups.io and have them send him a
link to his email address to get into the site?

Thanks!

Donald

https://groups.io/g/CHIRP

Duane

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM, Donald Hellen wrote:
have them send him a
link to his email address
Can't be done.  You have to know which email address you used, then you can get the login link for a forgotten password.
https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/understanding-groups-io-accounts/logging-in-to-your-account

Peter Cook

Just have him go to the login page and click "email me a link to log in." https://groups.io/login

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 05:24 PM, Donald Hellen wrote:
What does he need to do to get into groups.io and have them send him a
link to his email address to get into the site?
As Duane said, but if he has an email that he has received from a group he should look in the footer and the email address used will be at the bottom next to the unsubscribe link. Use that to login and join your new group.

Regards,
Andy

Donald Hellen

Peter . . .

On Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:11:12 -0700, "Peter Cook"
<peterscottcook@...> wrote:

Just have him go to the login page and click "email me a link to log in." https://groups.io/login
I don't know what he did but he showed up as a pending member a couple
of hours later and I approved his membership.

Donald

https://groups.io/g/CHIRP