Topics

Is there a way to set a subscription expiry date?

DOC National <communications@...>

Hi everyone,

The organisation I work for is membership based and we use Groups.io as our discussion forum. Members pay their membership fee with us and then get to access the benefits for a year, one of them including access to the Groups.io forum. I'm wondering if there is any way to set an expiry date on a member's profile so that after that date, they can automatically no longer access the group. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Laura Atherton

Duane

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:32 AM, DOC National wrote:
Is this possible?
No.  I would sometimes like to have something like this for the club that I'm secretary of.  It's been brought up on the beta group (official suggestion box for the site), but doesn't seem to have generated much interest.  If you're not a member of the group yet, this would be a good time to join so you can send this as a reply to https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25618

Christopher Warrington

On 2020-07-03 at 8:31:49 AM, DOC National <@DOCNational> wrote:

Members pay their membership fee with us and then get to access the
benefits for a year, one of them including access to the Groups.io forum.
I'm wondering if there is any way to set an expiry date on a member's
profile so that after that date, they can automatically no longer access
the group. Is this possible?
If you have a premium group AND you have some other database of members AND
you can write the code to integrate the two, you could use the
bulkremovemembers [1] or removemember APIs [2]. There's directadd [3] as
well for adding them in the first place.

[1]: https://groups.io/api#bulk-remove-members
[2]: https://groups.io/api#remove_member
[3]: https://groups.io/api#direct_add

--