Topics

Downloading Calendar Event Issue #calendar

TVAUG Forums Admin

Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere but I searched for "download calendar event" and did not see anything similar.

I just noticed that when I download a Calendar event that has a link in its Description section like:

GUEST SPEAKER: Dr. ......, MD
TOPIC: She will discuss....
Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/960.......

when it gets added to my calendar, it strips out some of the link and it looks like this in my calendar's entry:
*Meeting Link * https //zoom.us/j/9608794....

In addition to dropping the ":" after "https", it splits the URL up so that the "pwd=bz...." part of it no longer is part of the hyperlink.
Then it repeats the whole thing again in parentheses:
 ( https //zoom.us/j/96087....

But interestingly, in the repeated info after the parentheses, the whole URL is hyperlinked -- granted without the ":" after the "https"

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Catalina and this is an .ics file that is downloaded into Apple Calendar using the default CalendarFileHandler:

The same thing happens if I save the .ics file locally then click on it to add it to my calendar.

Thoughts????

Thanks,
-chuck

Duane

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 04:12 PM, TVAUG Forums Admin wrote:
Thoughts?
I'd guess that it's related to the 'fix' that was done for Google Calendar ICS files, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/25680  You may want to tag onto that topic with this additional information.

Chuck Palmer

Thanks, Duane.  I just joined the Beta Group and posted the info in the thread you mentioned above along with some text from the .ics file.
I also added the fact that if I subscribe to the whole calendar,  all events that have URL's embedded in their Description fields have the same issues.

Chuck Palmer

@Duane -- do you think I should have created a new topic in the beta forum rather than tagging on to that other one about ics files?  I just noticed it has a hashtag of "#fixed".