Topics

Claimed messages #wiki

Terri Carlson #253 <tbcarlson@...>

I am a list moderator.
Regarding a claimed pending message, the GMF Wiki states "the claim only gives other moderators a warning - it doesn't actually prevent other moderators from "jumping your claim"...This is why it is unnecessary to have a way to remove the claim - if you become unable to ultimately approve or delete/reject the pending message, another moderator can step in and do it for you".
I opened a pended message earlier today (in Edit mode) and a Claimed tag with my name is now attached to the message.  Another list Owner is currently prevented from taking any action on my claimed message (i.e., from "jumping my claim").  We have tried everything that we can think of to release my claim so that the Owner can complete the reconciliation of the pended message, but have met with no success.  How can we reverse the claim?

Duane

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 05:58 PM, Terri Carlson #253 wrote:
Another list Owner is currently prevented from taking any action on my claimed message (i.e., from "jumping my claim").  We have tried everything that we can think of to release my claim so that the Owner can complete the reconciliation of the pended message, but have met with no success.  How can we reverse the claim?
The owner will have to go online to process the message.  Once claimed, it can't be done via email.  There's no way to reverse it.