Topics

ATTACHED IS THE INFO BEING BLOCKED

chaboot

And this is just one group

Bruce Bowman

Yep. At&t has groups.io blacklisted right now.

Those with at&t email addresses need to forward to the provided abuse address and complain.

If no one does anything, then nothing will happen.

Bruce

Jim Wilson

Edited

The Groups.io server (web01.groups.io 66.175.222.12) appears to be blocked by AT&T and there is no easy fix.

I checked the dozens of RBL servers at DNS RBL and found nothing so AT&T is just being ridiculous.

This is my opinion but I think AT&T fails to correctly handle the generally acceptable Groups.io method of "send on behalf" from Prodigy or other services and simply defaults to be flagging them as false.

The only solution is to send an email to abuse_rbl AT abuse-att.net with a request to remove "web01.groups.io 66.175.222.12" from their list but, according to this AT&T Community Forum post, they move like molasses.

Good luck!

Jim

T Golding

Hi Bruce

I just complained to the abuse address and got a whole long book of noise back.  Do they really listen to us and fix things?  This is riidiculous to block .io.
Thanks again for all the good information.

Terri

West Coast Compañeros Staff

Here is some boilerplate for the att.net subscribers in my groups to use. I'm sending it to our affected members using their individual e-mail addresses and asking them to send it from their att.net address to abuse_rbl@ abuse-att.net. (Both here and below, you will need to remove the space after the @ sign if you want to adapt this to your use.)

Groups.io is a legitimate e-mail service with a rigorous commitment to spam prevention. I am a longtime att.net customer. Starting on February 5, 2020 AT&T has been blocking important messages from Groups.io to me and to all its other att.net subscribers. This is an unacceptable denial of service to your loyal customers. It is impeding the work of the board of directors of our non-profit organization.

Please remove the block. The following error code is typical of many that have been generated for our att.net subscribers since February 5.

ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net: 553 5.3.0 flpd589 DNSBL:RBL 521< 66.175.222.12 >_is_blocked. For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@ abuse-att.net

The ID for the Groups.io server that is being blocked:
web01.groups.io 66.175.222.12

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

--
Robert R.

Jonathan Sivier

I alerted a member of one of my groups, who has an att.net address, to the blockage. He says he called them and they told him, "they are looking into it." Whether this is really the case or they were just giving him the run-around I can't say.

Jonathan

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 02:39 PM, T Golding wrote:
Do they really listen to us and fix things?
Assuming they are paid for the service, I'd think they would listen, especially if someone threatens to dump them.

Get them where they live...in the wallet.

This is ridiculous to block .io.
I agree. Spam prevention is important, but entirely secondary to delivering desired emails. If you can't count on that, then they simply aren't fulfilling their contract.

Bruce