subscribe link not working?

Mimi Kessler

I was conducting a training today for new moderators. I sent emails from two dummy gmail accounts to the subscribe link to our group intending to generate notifications. Neither of them have come through. Then one of the people I was training said she had told a friend how to join and he said he had trouble.

Just to verify, I thought all you had to do was send an email using the subscribe address. One of them I put "subscribe" in the Subject line, the other I didn't. But neither came.

What am I doing wrong?

Mimi Kessler
919-599-2892

Frances

Edited

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 04:39 PM, Mimi Kessler wrote:
I was conducting a training today for new moderators. I sent emails from two dummy gmail accounts to the subscribe link to our group intending to generate notifications. Neither of them have come through. Then one of the people I was training said she had told a friend how to join and he said he had trouble.

Just to verify, I thought all you had to do was send an email using the subscribe address. One of them I put "subscribe" in the Subject line, the other I didn't. But neither came.

What am I doing wrong?

I tested it with a new Gmail account. i.e., not one known to Groups.io
It took a bit of time, but it finally came through. So, in short, it works.
I didn't put anything in the subject line.
Perhaps by now, you will have got the messages in your new email accounts.

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Mimi Kessler

No I still have not gotten them.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 5:19 PM Frances <franceswest@...> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 04:39 PM, Mimi Kessler wrote:
I was conducting a training today for new moderators. I sent emails from two dummy gmail accounts to the subscribe link to our group intending to generate notifications. Neither of them have come through. Then one of the people I was training said she had told a friend how to join and he said he had trouble.

Just to verify, I thought all you had to do was send an email using the subscribe address. One of them I put "subscribe" in the Subject line, the other I didn't. But neither came.

What am I doing wrong?

I tested it with a new Gmail account. i.e., not one known to Groups.io
It took a bit of time, but it finally came through. So, in short, it works, but it took about 20 minutes (today).

--
Mimi Kessler
919-599-2892

Chris Jones

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 12:51 AM, Mimi Kessler wrote:
No I still have not gotten them.
Have you checked your Activity Log to see if the applications turned up? At the moment we don't know if it was the application to Groups.io that failed or the acknowledgement from it.

Chris

ro-esp

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 10:39 PM, Mimi Kessler wrote:

I was conducting a training today for new moderators. I sent emails from
two dummy gmail accounts to the subscribe link to our group
What address exactly? Did you use a + instead of the - that was customary in yahoogroups?

Just a wild guess...
groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo