still don't have owner privileges

Lenny McHugh

I surrender, I deleted the password and in edge made sure that I removed the
pw that edge would use to automatically log in. Nothing works after 3 days,
of trying different things.
I am now thinking to have the other owners change me to member only on the
two lists in question. Then unsubscribe from everything and remove my
account. Then re-subscrive to all of the groups and have the other owners
again make me a co-owner again. thoughts?
--
Please visit my web page
It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 08:18 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
I am now thinking to have the other owners change me to member only on the
two lists in question. Then unsubscribe from everything and remove my
account. Then re-subscrive to all of the groups and have the other owners
again make me a co-owner again. thoughts?
I believe that will cause trouble with your previous messages to the group.

You can get to the group as a member, can't you?
Why not try to have them promote you?
However this doesn't say anything about what happened in the first place. I really think there might be a subtle typo in your email address.

Ah, if other owners can see your subscription, what does your status show when they check?

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Lenny McHugh

Frances,

I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification. I entered the incorrect pw. Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 08:18 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

I am now thinking to have the other owners change me to member only on the
two lists in question. Then unsubscribe from everything and remove my
account. Then re-subscribe to all of the groups and have the other owners
again, make me a co-owner again. thoughts?

I believe that will cause trouble with your previous messages to the group.

You can get to the group as a member, can't you?
Why not try to have them promote you?
However, this doesn't say anything about what happened in the first place. I really think there might be a subtle typo in your email address.

Ah, if other owners can see your subscription, what does your status show when they check?

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification.
Lenny -- This is the first time you've mentioned two-factor authentication.

If you have 2FA turned on, "email me a link" will not work.

I entered the incorrect pw.
If you turn on 2FA, you MUST remember both your password and the provided recovery code.

Are you sure you deleted your account password? I didn't realize you could do that with 2FA turned on...if so, it sounds like a bug.

Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.
Did you start using a different device to access groups.io? If so, 2FA will fail, and you won't be able to log in at all.

I am appending the information from the system help. It's otherwise hard to get to. Generally speaking I do not recommend using 2FA.

Setting up or disabling two-factor authentication

If you log in to Groups.io with your email address and a password, you can set up two-factor authentication to protect your Groups.io account with an extra level of security.

! Important: Once you enable two-factor authentication, you will not be able to log in to Groups.io through a social login (Google or Facebook) or by using the Groups.io function to email you a link to log in.

To set up two-factor authentication:

  1. Display your Account page.
  2. In the left navigation menu, select Security.
  3. On the resulting page, click the Set up two-factor authentication button.
    Note: If you are logged in to Groups.io through Facebook or Google, you cannot set up two-factor authentication. To set up two-factor authentication, you must log out of Groups.io and then log back in using your email address and a password.
  4. In the Enable Two-Factor popup that appears, enter your Groups.io account password and click the Enable button.
  5. On the resulting page:
  • Follow the instructions to configure your authenticator app to receive security codes from Groups.io.
  • Enter the security code from your app.
  • Click the Validate button.

You are returned to the Security page, and a green banner at the top states that two-factor authentication is now set up.

  1. On the Security page, click the View your recovery codes link, and save the resulting list of recovery codes in a safe place. If you lose access to your device and cannot receive two-factor authentication codes, you will need a recovery code to access your Groups.io account.

Note: If the authentication code is lost (for example, if a device is reset to factory settings), and you no longer have your recovery codes, you will need to contact Groups.io Support to be able to log in.

To disable two-factor authentication that you previously set up:

  1. Display your Account page.
  2. In the left navigation menu, select Security.
  3. On the resulting page, click the Disable two-factor authentication button.
  4. In the Verify Disable Two-Factor popup that appears, enter your Groups.io account password and click the Disable button. You are returned to the Security page, and a green banner at the top states that two-factor authentication has been disabled.

Lenny -- Contact Mark at support@groups.io and he will help you get this figured out.

https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30001

Lenny McHugh

thanks, I sent him the information