still don't have owner privileges

Lenny McHugh

I surrender, I deleted the password and in edge made sure that I removed the
pw that edge would use to automatically log in. Nothing works after 3 days,
of trying different things.
I am now thinking to have the other owners change me to member only on the
two lists in question. Then unsubscribe from everything and remove my
account. Then re-subscrive to all of the groups and have the other owners
again make me a co-owner again. thoughts?
--
Please visit my web page
It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor
There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind
https://www.LennyMcHugh.com
International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Frances

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 08:18 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
account. Then re-subscrive to all of the groups and have the other owners
again make me a co-owner again. thoughts?
I believe that will cause trouble with your previous messages to the group. 

You can get to the group as a member, can't you?
Why not try to have them promote you?
However this doesn't say anything about what happened in the first place. I really think there might be a subtle typo in your email address.

Ah, if other owners can see your subscription, what does your status show when they check?

Frances

--
Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Lenny McHugh

Frances,

I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification. I entered the incorrect pw. Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.

From: GroupManagersForum@groups.io <GroupManagersForum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Frances
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 8:24 AM
To: GroupManagersForum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GMF] still don't have owner privileges

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 08:18 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

account. Then re-subscribe to all of the groups and have the other owners
again, make me a co-owner again. thoughts?

I believe that will cause trouble with your previous messages to the group. 

You can get to the group as a member, can't you?
Why not try to have them promote you?
However, this doesn't say anything about what happened in the first place. I really think there might be a subtle typo in your email address.

Ah, if other owners can see your subscription, what does your status show when they check?

Frances

--
Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification. 
Lenny -- This is the first time you've mentioned two-factor authentication.

If you have 2FA turned on, "email me a link" will not work.

I entered the incorrect pw.
If you turn on 2FA, you MUST remember both your password and the provided recovery code.

Are you sure you deleted your account password? I didn't realize you could do that with 2FA turned on...if so, it sounds like a bug.

Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.
Did you start using a different device to access groups.io? If so, 2FA will fail, and you won't be able to log in at all.

I am appending the information from the system help. It's otherwise hard to get to. Generally speaking I do not recommend using 2FA.

Regards,
Bruce

Setting up or disabling two-factor authentication

If you log in to Groups.io with your email address and a password, you can set up two-factor authentication to protect your Groups.io account with an extra level of security.

! Important: Once you enable two-factor authentication, you will not be able to log in to Groups.io through a social login (Google or Facebook) or by using the Groups.io function to email you a link to log in.

To set up two-factor authentication:

1. Display your Account page.
  2. In the left navigation menu, select Security.
  3. On the resulting page, click the Set up two-factor authentication button.
    Note: If you are logged in to Groups.io through Facebook or Google, you cannot set up two-factor authentication. To set up two-factor authentication, you must log out of Groups.io and then log back in using your email address and a password.
  4. In the Enable Two-Factor popup that appears, enter your Groups.io account password and click the Enable button.
  5. On the resulting page:
  • Follow the instructions to configure your authenticator app to receive security codes from Groups.io.
  • Enter the security code from your app.
  • Click the Validate button.

You are returned to the Security page, and a green banner at the top states that two-factor authentication is now set up.

1. On the Security page, click the View your recovery codes link, and save the resulting list of recovery codes in a safe place. If you lose access to your device and cannot receive two-factor authentication codes, you will need a recovery code to access your Groups.io account.

Note: If the authentication code is lost (for example, if a device is reset to factory settings), and you no longer have your recovery codes, you will need to contact Groups.io Support to be able to log in.

To disable two-factor authentication that you previously set up:

1. Display your Account page.
  2. In the left navigation menu, select Security.
  3. On the resulting page, click the Disable two-factor authentication button.
  4. In the Verify Disable Two-Factor popup that appears, enter your Groups.io account password and click the Disable button. You are returned to the Security page, and a green banner at the top states that two-factor authentication has been disabled.

Check out the groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual

Bruce Bowman

Lenny -- Contact Mark at support@groups.io and he will help you get this figured out.

https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30001 

Regards,
Bruce

Lenny McHugh

thanks, I sent him the information

From: GroupManagersForum@groups.io <GroupManagersForum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Bowman
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 1:20 PM

Lenny -- Contact Mark at support@groups.io and he will help you get this figured out.

https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/30001 

Regards,
Bruce

Lenny McHugh

When I tried to log in it insisted that I put the 2nd pw in. I am not sure if I was successful.

From: GroupManagersForum@groups.io <GroupManagersForum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Bowman
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 11:18 AM

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification. 

Lenny -- This is the first time you've mentioned two-factor authentication.

If you have 2FA turned on, "email me a link" will not work.

I entered the incorrect pw.

If you turn on 2FA, you MUST remember both your password and the provided recovery code.

Are you sure you deleted your account password? I didn't realize you could do that with 2FA turned on...if so, it sounds like a bug.

Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.

Did you start using a different device to access groups.io? If so, 2FA will fail, and you won't be able to log in at all.

I am appending the information from the system help. It's otherwise hard to get to. Generally speaking I do not recommend using 2FA.

Regards,
Bruce

<snip>