can't access admin area

Lenny McHugh

Hello, I am becoming quite frustrated. I am owner in 2 groups. I think that
something got messed up with passwords. Although listed as owner I am
treated only as a member. I can only see members or messages. I would like
to change both welcome and monthly messages.
I tried removing password and logging in by email only.
I created a new password and still can't access the admin area.
As far as email, I do receive admin messages so it knows that I am an owner
just cannot log into groups.io and have owner privileges. any thoughts,
thanks

--
Please visit my web page
It's motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 09:38 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
Hello, I am becoming quite frustrated. I am owner in 2 groups. I think that
something got messed up with passwords. Although listed as owner I am
treated only as a member. I can only see members or messages.
Lenny -- Sounds like you're logged in with the wrong email address. Or maybe you're not logged in at all.

See https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/8512

Hope this helps,

Lenny McHugh

Bruce, Ok, I  went into my account and deleted password. cleared cookies and browsing history, using ms edge. requested an email login.

When using that I did get a message that there is no pw for my account. Tried to access being loged in without a  pw and same results. I am blind and using screen reading software, I am sure that I am not missing anything since I was able to access last week before I decided to try and add a password.

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 10:37 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

Bruce, Ok, I  went into my account and deleted password. cleared cookies and browsing history, using ms edge. requested an email login.

When using that I did get a message that there is no pw for my account.

That stands to reason, since you deleted it.

Tried to access being loged in without a  pw and same results. I am blind and using screen reading software, I am sure that I am not missing anything since I was able to access last week before I decided to try and add a password.

Do you have more than one email address? If you log in using the wrong one the system won't know it's you.

Lenny McHugh

I only have one email address

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 10:37 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

Bruce, Ok, I  went into my account and deleted password. cleared cookies and browsing history, using ms edge. requested an email login.

When using that I did get a message that there is no pw for my account.

That stands to reason, since you deleted it.

Tried to access being loged in without a  pw and same results. I am blind and using screen reading software, I am sure that I am not missing anything since I was able to access last week before I decided to try and add a password.

Do you have more than one email address? If you log in using the wrong one the system won't know it's you.

Steve Hayes

On 8 Aug 2021 at 9:37, Lenny McHugh wrote:

Hello, I am becoming quite frustrated. I am owner in 2 groups. I think that
something got messed up with passwords. Although listed as owner I am treated
only as a member. I can only see members or messages. I would like to change
both welcome and monthly messages. I tried removing password and logging in by
email only. I created a new password and still can't access the admin area. As
far as email, I do receive admin messages so it knows that I am an owner just
cannot log into groups.io and have owner privileges. any thoughts, thanks
What computer, operating system and browser do you have?

I've had the same problem. It was corrected a few months ago, and then
returned, and still persists.

Try clicking on "Your Groups" at the top of the page. If that works, then
your problem is not the same as mine.

If it doesn't work, then buying a new computer with a new operating system
might fix it, but fixing it for people with older computers is "not an
option" according to the owner of groups.io. You'll just have to accept new
members and moderate them by e-mail, and hope that your account isn't
bouncing at the time.

--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@dunelm.org.uk

Lenny McHugh

I am using windows 10 and tried both firefox and edge with same results

On 8 Aug 2021 at 17:33, Steve Hayes wrote:

[...]

This is misleading advice. Others have told you repeatedly that the problem is
that it will not work unless you have Javascript enabled in your browser. This
has always been the case, and I suspect always will be. Drop down lists can be
coded to work without Javascript, but the result is clunky and it then requires
an extra click to make a selection, which would not be popular. Enable
Javascript and the drop down lists will work, as they do for me, with old
computers and software. I think that is what Lenny needs to do too.

Jim Fisher