Uploading files #files #fileupload

Aaron Davis <adx147@...>

Hi, I have a cache of files I would like to upload to Groups.io. This set of files has 3 or 4 levels in the folder hierarchy from the root level. I wish to replicate this cache of files in the Files section for my group. I can do the basics, like upload a file, create a folder, link to cloud storage, etc., however when I choose the "Upload Folder" option it simply uploads the files and not the folder structure. Is there simply a way to upload a folder containing subfolders and files in each subfolder to the Files space in Groups.io? The Upload Folder option doesn't seem to do what I need; it doesn't retain the folder structure.

Thanks for any advice,
Aaron

Frances

I  haven't uploaded a folder, just files, however the members' help page has info:

https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/working-with-files/uploading-files-and-folders

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Aaron Davis <adx147@...>

Thank you, however, the description for the Upload Folder feature does not work as described. It uploads the files from the folders selected, but it doesn’t maintain the folder structure.

Upload an entire folder and the files it contains (including any subfolders and their files). The folder structure will be preserved in the group.

Has anyone been able to get this feature to work as documented? I can’t get it to preserve the folder structure when I upload a parent folder.

Thanks,
Aaron

On Jun 1, 2021, at 6:24 PM, Frances <frances@...> wrote:

I  haven't uploaded a folder, just files, however the members' help page has info:

https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/working-with-files/uploading-files-and-folders

Help available from Groups.io help and GMF wiki.

Duane

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 05:52 PM, Aaron Davis wrote:
Has anyone been able to get this feature to work as documented?
I just did it and it worked fine.  As the upload source, I selected the directory containing files and additional folders with files.

Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.

Aaron Davis <adx147@...>

I wonder if they don’t support Safari for this. I will try another browser.

On Jun 1, 2021, at 7:22 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 05:52 PM, Aaron Davis wrote:
Has anyone been able to get this feature to work as documented?
I just did it and it worked fine.  As the upload source, I selected the directory containing files and additional folders with files.

Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.

Donald Hellen

Frances . . .

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:24:59 -0700, "Frances" <frances@tansymews.com>
wrote:

I haven't uploaded a folder, just files, however the members' help page has info:

Under Upload Folder it says this:

"Upload an entire folder and the files it contains (including any
subfolders and their files). The folder structure will be preserved in
the group."

If I remember when I was uploading nested folders that didn't work
more than one level deep and a folder in a folder either didn't upload
or the files in that folder in a folder didn't upload, just the
folder. I haven't tested this recently as I have no need to do so.

Donald