does the link in a confirmation message expire? #membershipapplication #confirmationemail

Jonathan Sivier

I have someone who has applied to one of my lists. They haven't replied to the Pending Membership message, nor the Confirmation email. I've resent these several times and will send a few more and followup with a direct email. If they don't respond eventually I will just delete them from the Pending Members list. I'm wondering what might happen if after being deleted they finally got around to responding to the Confirmation email. I don't think I would have any way of knowing that, since they would no longer be listed in the Member list. If they responded to the Pending Membership message I would imagine I would get the response, even though they were no longer pending, and could invite them to join the list. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Does anyone know what happens if a pending member is deleted and then at some later time responds to the Pending Member or Confirmation messages? Do these things expire after a certain amount of time? If I knew they expired about a set time I could leave them on the pending member list for that long after resending the final messages just in case they finally ended up responding.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 01:03 AM, Jonathan Sivier wrote:
I have someone who has applied to one of my lists. They haven't replied to the Pending Membership message, nor the Confirmation email. I've resent these several times and will send a few more and followup with a direct email. If they don't respond eventually I will just delete them from the Pending Members list.
That's what I do.

Does anyone know what happens if a pending member is deleted and then at some later time responds to the Pending Member or Confirmation messages?
Pending Subscription:  His response is sent to the +owner address, and is treated like any other message sent to that address. Check the +Owner Email setting in your own subscription record. If set to All Emails, the system will forward it to you...if not, it won't. Please also note that +owner messages arriving from non-members are not stored by the system.

Confirmation Email:  Pretty sure a late response to this will still confirm his address. It will not re-subscribe him to your group...if you want to do that, you have to send him an invitation.

Do these things expire after a certain amount of time?
Invitations expire after 14 days. I'm not aware of any expiration on the confirmation email. Pending subscription notices have nothing in them to expire.

Jonathan Sivier

That all makes sense. Thanks.

Jonathan

On 5/18/2021 7:54 AM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
[...]
[identifying information redacted by moderator]